May was a more productive month than any others this year. I did not accomplish all that I sat out to do but I am proud with what I did complete.
- Get down to 165 pounds. – Didn’t happen but I did loose 2 pounds so at least that’s something.
- Save an extra $300. – Yes and no on this one. While I did save an extra $200 an unexpected expense occurred.
- Eat more fruits and less junk. – Completed and I intended to stick with it.
- Create and stick to a monthly budget. – Big fat fail!
- Grocery shop once a week instead of making several trips throughout the week. – Another big fat fail!
- Workout 1 hour a day at least 3 days a week. – Completed and am going to keep it up!
- Drink less pop and more water. – I am proud to say that I have been drinking 50% less pop than I normally would.
- Get down to 160. – I don’t think I will be able to accomplish this goal by the end of June but I am going to try.
- Up my work out to 1 hour a day at least 5 days a week.
- Continue drinking more water and less pop. – Since I cut back my pop intake by 50% last month this one should be fairly easy to complete. I don’t think I will ever give up pop 100 percent because I need the caffeine too bad.
- Eat healthier and blog more.
- Save more money. – This is a no brainer and will help us out immensely if we get our own house.
- Take more general life pictures. – I am always so worried about taking other people’s pictures that I don’t bother documenting my and my family’s daily lives.
- Lower my stress level. – If we don’t get out of here soon I will probably have a heart attack or brain aneurysm from all the stress.
JennJune 1, 2011 at 10:37 am
Two pounds is a good start! And I hear you on the expenses… it seems like every time we get one step ahead something comes along to put us three steps behind.
Good luck with all of your June goals. 🙂 As I was three months (!) behind in getting my ass signed up with the YMCA for working out, my goal of getting to 160 lbs has been pushed to August 1st. I’m at 176 now, so I hope I — and you! — can do it. 😀
KelseyJune 1, 2011 at 2:03 pm
Those are good goals! I don’t know if this would help. I drink a lot of Iced Tea. It has caffine but not as much as soda does. Just an idea to try. I grew up on Iced Tea and actually hate the taste of soda so that may have something to do with it too. I do know, if I don’t drink tea in the morning I get a headache until I do.
Good luck with your goals! I hope you can be motivated to do them all!
DezJune 2, 2011 at 2:13 pm
Congrats on the 2lb loss despite it not being the exact goal you wanted. Also, great job on the drinking more water and less pop. I need to drink more water myself. I rarely drink soda so there is no excuse as to why I’m not hydrating enough.
Best of luck with your new goals and here’s hoping that your stress goes down!
NonnaJune 6, 2011 at 3:30 am
2 pounds is good! You’re probably just on a plateau, keep at it and it’ll nudge, trust me. 🙂 I envy you for your ability to chug down water, I just… can’t. Budgeting is a PITA and it takes a while to get one working so don’t fret, dear~!
Good luck on June goals. If you lived closer, I’d take you to our Thursday meditation, it’s such a great way to lower stress. Make sure you’re not overdoing the exercise and remember: your body needs days off too!