We have all been extremely busy since we closed on the house July 14. Our projected move in date is before August 19 since that is when Raven starts school. Raven busted her little butt to get her room done and it looks awesome. She scrapped, primed and painted with the color of her choosing.
We have been scrapping, painting, cleaning and fixing small things almost all day every day. Mike has been fixing leaks in the plumping while replacing faucets. He has also dealt with roof shingles and clogged gutters. We got the water turned on last week and are waiting for the electric company to turn the power on.
Here is a quick rundown of the rooms and what we have left to do to them.
- Raven’s Room – Completely Done! We are going to start moving some of her things in. Colors: Turquoise walls with black trim.
- Living Room – Just needs the carpeting installed but we are going to wait on that so we are not tracking mud or dirt all over the new carpet while working on the rest of the house. Colors: Gray walls with black trim and probably burgundy or dark red carpet.
- Our Bedroom – Just need to add carpeting which we are planning to do this week. Colors: Light green (in-between a sage and lime green) walls and white trim.
- Bathroom – Just needs painted. Colors: Light blue walls with white trim.
- Kitchen – Needs painted and the new floor down, which we are working on today. Colors: The wall color is called Pumpkin spice so it is an orange color with creme trim.
- Computer Room – Finished scraping it yesterday. Going to prime the ceiling and walls today. Mike has yet to pick out the color.
- Basement – We got a lot of the junk out of it and are trying to get rid of the excess condensation that forms on the back area of the basement. Thanks to my Dad and step-mom, we have a new hot water heater.
Here is a quick picture of Raven’s room before and after. I will post the rest of the house photos before we move in.
Also, this past weekend I photographed my step-brother’s wedding (pictures to come later) and we have been introducing (slowly) the stray kitten (who we named Nefarian) to Jedi and London so he can be ready to move into our new home.